The Houston outpost of the Future is Female Festival is produced by Collective 48 (who brought you Two! Short! Plays!) in association with Mildred’s Umbrella Theatre! We are dedicated to promoting the voices of Texas women, and showcasing their diverse ideas about what a future that is female might look like.
ANNOUNCING THE FESTIVAL PLAYS (in alphabetical order)
- The Buddhist Dark Horse and Her Ghostwriter by Caroline Cao, dir. by Bree Bridger
- Dating Game by Rachel Ollagnon, directed by Deborah Hope
- The First Horse by Tegan McLeod, directed by Dabrina Sandifer
- It’s Going to Be by Bonnie Christiansen, directed by Clarity Welch
- La Nina by Laura Rodriguez, directed by Rachel Ollagnon
- Tomorrow Game by Brandy N. Carie, directed by Dana Bowman
- You’re My Home by Tammy Melody Gomez, directed by Martha Bawara
THE HOUSTON FESTIVAL WILL TAKE PLACE:
- March 15, 8:00 PM, Studio 101
- March 19, 3:00 PM, Studio 101
- March 26, 8:00 PM, Main Street Theatre
Tickets available at the door!
All proceeds from the Houston festival will be donated to the Women’s Resource of Greater Houston.
The Future Is Female Festival is a national festival that invites individuals and theatre companies across the US to host productions or readings in March 2017 of ten-minute plays written by women of all backgrounds.
All of the readings and shows will be performed under one unifying umbrella; by joining together in a shared festival happening simultaneously in numerous places, our voices will be louder. Instead of spending the month celebrating women’s history, we’ll celebrate women’s futures.
The Future Is Female Festival is a creation of playwright Mya Kagan.